The primary responsibilities of a FAM board member are:
- Take care of the organization by ensuring prudent use of all assets, and provide oversight for all activities to make certain they advance FAM’s mission, vision, values, effectiveness, and sustainability.
- Invest the time and energy necessary to be a committed and productive member of the board, including attending regular board meetings, and sharing the workload through participation on standing and ad-hoc committees.
- Ensure effective organizational planning by creating and implementing a strategic plan, and fine-tune and overhaul the plan every 3-5 years.
- Raise money for FAM and make personal contributions to FAM.
- Monitor and become familiar with FAM’s project and grantees; considering unlimited requests for support and limited resources, determine FAM’s funding priorities.
- Make decisions in the best interest of the nonprofit corporation; not in his or her self-interest.
- Annually reflect on how the board is meeting its responsibilities, and evaluate the executive director’s performance.
- Ensure that FAM, as a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit corporation, obeys applicable laws and acts in accordance with ethical practices and activities that advance its mission.
The key responsibilities of the FAM Treasurer are:
- Provide financial leadership to the organization
- Manage and have oversight of all aspects of FAM’s finances
- Prepare a useful and user-friendly annual budget, and communicate and translate budget information to the board (budgets are the financial version of a strategic plan)
- Convey reliable and timely information on the financial status of the organization to the board
Additional requirements for the role of FAM treasurer are:
- Have a fluent working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Prepare quarterly income and expense reports for the board
- Reconcile monthly bank activity
- Complete annual nonprofit tax filing
- Work with the executive director on organizational donations, bank deposits, classification of receipts, and grantee disbursements
To apply or express interest in this position use this link to Contact Us. A board memeber or the Executive Director will contact you to follow up. This position is currently open.